Our Client is seeking a well-organized and successful software development Agile Facilitator to be a key member in the project planning and coordination of the software/web applications we produce. We are looking for someone who will be responsible for working with and facilitating multiple Agile teams. Due to the nature of this position, the applicant will need the ability to work from home or during off hours as necessary.
- Work to coordinate multiple concurrent development efforts throughout their full lifecycle, which may include several iterations.
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, product reviews, iteration retrospectives, and release planning.
- Track and communicate team velocity and progress to both the customer and the team.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Assist teams with making appropriate commitments through user story selection and task definition.
- Work with other Agile and product teams to identify and address cross-project dependencies.
- Identify and analyze project risks and manage mitigation process with project team and stakeholders.
- Facilitate discussion and proactively resolve conflicts and, if needed, escalate appropriately.
- Identify and remove impediments and distractions that interfere with the team’s goals.
- Act as the focal point for project communications, both within team and across team boundaries.
- Help to improve the productivity/velocity of the teams.
- Ensure the teams deliver tested, working functionality in each iteration.
- Ensure the implementation of resolutions identified in retrospective meetings.
- Carefully and successfully balance the Project Triangle.
- Create an environment of team spirit and enthusiasm around what is being delivered.
- Follow development process and project management best practices, and drive their continuous improvement.
- Identify and champion process or other departmental improvements coordinating with fellow agile facilitators or other department members for implementation.
- Accomplishes department and organization missions by completing related tasks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Level Degree or 3 to 5 years job-related experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skill, and abilities to perform the functions of the position.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated project management responsibilities.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment.
- Strong leadership abilities with effective relationship and team building skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with all departments and at all levels of the organization, including senior management.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Must be organized, confident, self-motivated, and self-directing with a proven ability to identify priorities and propose solutions to achieve desired results with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience coaching and mentoring teams and individuals to help them improve their capabilities.
- Must have excellent situational awareness, the ability to remain calm under pressure and be cognizant of how you are perceived.
- Interest in Agile methodologies.
- 3 years of experience in managing software development projects using an Agile approach.
- 1+ years of hands-on ScrumMaster experience utilizing an Agile delivery framework.
- A strong working knowledge of Agile methodologies and iterative development.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile techniques including, but not limited to, User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Experience with Agile project management tools.
- PMI-ACP, Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or equivalent.
- Understand all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, Configuration Management, quality assurance, and release management.
- Experience with developing and deploying software in a rapid delivery schedule.
- Have direct experience in a Web application development environment.